Vehicle Accidents

Vehicle accidents may involve a car, truck, motorcycle or any other vehicle used to transport people, animals, livestock or objects. Accidents of this sort may not only cause great physical harm or death, but they can potentially lead to financial ruin and may even result in criminal charges. While traffic accidents are quite common, legal consequences vary from case to case.


Knowing how to legally protect oneself after a collision or who to sue after suffering an injury or loss is something that everyone needs to be aware of. Accidents happen when you least expect them to and they always catch the people involved completely off guard. With this in mind, every adult would do well to know ahead of time how to conduct themselves when an accident happens and have an idea about how to proceed legally afterwards. An accident may be beyond your control, but educating yourself and gaining a basic understanding of the law in this area is within your control.


Attorney Joohan Song specializes in vehicle accident cases and is available to thoroughly answer all of the questions you may have about liability, lawsuits, compensation and the legal nuances involved in vehicle accident cases. If you’ve recently been involved in an accident, contact Attorney Song right away.


Frequently Asked Vehicle Accident Questions


Q: What do I do if I was in a car accident and the other driver doesn’t have car insurance?

A: If your policy includes uninsured motorist coverage, underinsured motorist coverage or even medical payments coverage, your own insurance may cover your damages and/or medical expenses. In the absence of your own coverage, you can personally sue the other driver.


Q: I got rear-ended by a car while driving my truck, but another car caused the accident because it rear-ended the car that hit me first. Who do I sue?

A: First, negligence will need to be established. While it may appear that the third car caused a chain reaction, an investigation may reveal that the driver who rear-ended you was also at fault. Perhaps that person was driving too closely to you or was distracted while driving. Cases like these are rarely open and shut and you may even be questioned to determine if you share any negligence. Only after the facts have been fully established will you know who to sue.


Q: I accidentally hit someone with my car, panicked and left the scene. Now I am facing a hit and run charge. What will happen to me?

A: If you are charged with a felony hit and run, your fate largely depends on how severe the other person’s injuries are. You will most likely be charged a fine in the amount of several thousands of dollars and may even be facing several years in prison. If you are charged with a misdemeanor hit and run, you may still be required to pay a fine and do some jail time, although it will likely be less time than sentenced for a felony conviction.  You may also be given the option of reaching a civil compromise requiring you to pay for property damages and your criminal case may be dismissed.

Then there is always the possibility that you have a good defense, too. If so, the case will be prepped for trial and you may actually win. The benefit of having an experienced attorney who cares is that they will be ready for trial and, thereby, ready for the best possible settlement or plea bargain because they can explain the weaknesses of the prosecution’s case to the prosecutor– and help the prosecutor make a fair decision to settle the case with terms favorable to both sides.


The Law Offices of Joohan Song | All Rights Reserved. Designed by RHGFX | Terms of Use