Personal Injury

Bodily injuries, as well as mental and emotional trauma fall under a special legal category known as Personal Injury cases. An injured person may be able to seek reimbursement for medical bills related to the injury and may even be awarded monetary compensation for pain and suffering. The process of filing a personal injury case and winning a settlement can be complicated, long and stressful.


A qualified attorney with a history of winning personal injury cases should be hired immediately after an injury occurs. Without an attorney, a person may believe she has an open and shut case, but may also be no match for a defendant’s savvy legal team. A competent attorney with experience and a successful track record, however, not only expects the unexpected, but is prepared to overcome all arguments presented by opposing counsel in a personal injury case.


Read More


Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions

Q: Can I sue for a million dollars if I get burned by hot coffee?

A: No, you cannot sue for a million dollars if you get burned by hot coffee. Lawsuits like these were possible years ago, but limits have since been placed on how much a person can sue for when injured in this or a similar circumstance. You can still sue for the cost of your medical bills and pain and suffering, however.


Q: If I slip and fall in front of someone’s house, who do I sue?

A: The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, such as whether you fell on a public sidewalk or on someone’s front lawn. What caused the fall? Were clearly visible warning signs placed in front of the home and were you careful to heed these warnings? Slip and fall injuries are among the most common types of personal injury cases, but they can still be quite complex. Once all of the facts are gathered and if you do have grounds to sue, a lawsuit may need to be filed against the homeowner, the city, a homeowner’s association or some other party.



Q: Can I sue the City if one of their employees personally insults me?

A: Personal injury cases do involve emotional stress, so there is a possibility that the agency in question can be sued if the person who insulted you was on duty at the time of the incident. These cases are not always easy to prove or win, however, which is why an experienced attorney should always be consulted before filing a lawsuit.


Q: An insurance company is refusing to compensate me for my injuries. How do I make them pay?

A: It’s not uncommon for insurance companies to refuse to pay all or even part of an injured person’s medical bills. The best thing that you can do is to stop fighting them on your own and hire someone who has the energy, the experience and the knowledge to negotiate a settlement on your behalf.

The Law Offices of Joohan Song | All Rights Reserved. Designed by RHGFX | Terms of Use